Hi guys and gals
Join us for the marking and refereeing course at the club. I think this will add tremendous value to our club and make our league teams a lot stronger.
Title: Marking & Refereeing courses
Location: Centurion squash club
Description: R50 (Payable in advance to NSA Account to secure
R60 – Payable on the evening
Every Evening begins between 6pm-6:30pm and
should last till 9pm-9:30pm.
This includes the presentation, examination and rule
Confirm all details with:
Steve Doeg (082 445 3800)
Justin vd Merwe (072 455 7689)
Start Time: 18:00
End Time: 21:30
Marking and Refereeing Courses (86.4 KiB, 581 hits)
Here are some pics of the course
Title: NSA Closed
Location: Pretoria Country Club
- The tournament is open to players eligible to represent NSA at Jarvis / Kaplan interprovincial.
- The tournament will be played on a Modified Swiss pairing format.
- Entries will only be accepted once proof of payment is provided. The entry fee is R150.00.
- Entries close on the 03 May 2010.
- The draw will be done on the 4th May.
- The tournament will be played under Squash SA rules.
- National rankings will take precedence over NSA rankings.
- Players are obliged to mark/referee the following match.
- There will be a 1st & 2nd round loser’s plate, as well as a 3rd/4th play-off.
- Players must be present 20 minutes before the scheduled time of their match.
- The draw will be posted on the website on 4 May by 17h00 Entrants responsibility to check times of first matches
- Depending on the entry matches may start on Sunday 08 May
Start Date: 2011-05-09
End Date: 2011-05-13
North West’s Jimmy Schlebusch and Christo Potgieter set the 2011 de Beers S A National Doubles Championships alight when they first defeated second seeds Mike Tootill and Paul Atkinson by 3 games to 1 in their pool – basically the semi-final, and then in a power packed display outgunned defending champions, Craig van der Wath and Gareth Schnehage in straight games in the final.
Potgieter, who has pistol sharp reflexes and uncanny anticipation , ably supported by the counter balancing consistency of Schlebusch, allowed the more experienced combination of van der Wath and Schnehage no lattitude nor opportunity to get in to the game, and are very worthy winners of the 2011 title.
Title: NMSA Satellite 2
Link out: Click here
Description: Hi guys, the NMSA Satellite 2 tournament will be held on the weekend of the 15th April.
Dates : 15 – 17 April 2011.
Venue : CSIR.
Cost : R 150.
Closing date : 10 April 2011.
Please note that NMSA will in future correspond with with Clubs (Chairpersons) as per the Constitution. NMSA will not communicate with individuals anymore. Notices, invites and entry forms will be sent to Club Chairpersons for distribution to Masters Players. It will also be posted on the Northerns website (www.northerns.co.za) – NMSA section.
The user friendly NMSA 2011 Calendar was previously distributed to all on the distribution list. It was also posted on http://www.northerns.co.za/nmsa/documents.php ((1) 2011 NMSA Calendar.pdf).
Please familiarise yourselves with the diarised dates of NMSA events and check the NMSA section regularly for updates.
Start Date: 2011-04-15
End Date: 2011-04-17
To all clubs
League matches have been scheduled for Thursday 16 June so that we could finish the league on time. Northerns has realised that this could be a problem for some clubs and are happy if clubs organise to play the fixtures scheduled for this evening earlier. Please ensure that if you choose to do so you must just keep the Northerns office informed by sending through an e-mail with the details of when you intwnd playing the fixture. Please note however that the bye-laws for moving fixture dates applies. This means that the change must be to a time convenient for both teams.
Additionally please let your sides know that there is an entry form on the website for the Tuks team tournament.
Also, please remember that the 28th April is also during the holidays. Please organise with your opposing team captains to ensure everyone can make the game.
So, the Northerns Masters Satellite tournament was held this weekend.
Well done to Centurions Johan “Gaza” Hammes and Musa “Samusa” Malinga who faced off in the final of Northerns Masters Satellite 1.
Gaza proved still to be too experienced for Samusa winning 3-1 but he will be the first to admit that our BEE partner is just getting better and better. Well done guys.
Centurion also had the most entries (7 in all) and the Masters committee appreciates our enthusiasm and involvement.
Title: Wits University Grand Prix 2011
Location: New Squash Complex, Wits University
- This tournament is part of the Grand Prix series. Points will be awarded to the top 16 men and women in each tournament and accumulated over the series. The Central Gauteng Squash committee will agree upon the order of merit prizes will be awarded to the top man and woman depending on the number of grand prix’s held throughout the year.
- The Open section draws may be limited to 16 players.
- For the Lower League sections there must be a minimum of 8 players to constitute a section. The division of sections may be adjusted to suit the number of entries received.
- The following rules will apply to all sections:
- The tournament will be played using the Swiss Pairing format.
- Matches will be played on Friday evening, Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday morning and afternoon (depending on the size of draw). Matches will start at 5.00pm on Friday; players unable to play early must notify the tournament convener in the space provided on the entry form.
- Late entries will be accepted solely at the tournament convener’s discretion.
- d. A player withdrawing after the draws have been done will be liable for the entry fee and until paid will not be able to play league or enter any other tournament.
- Prize-winners must attend the Sunday prize giving function or forfeit their prize.
- A player not arriving for a match or withdrawing without good reason (e.g. injury) during the tournament will forfeit all prize money and may be fined and barred from future tournaments (as decided by a Central Gauteng Squash disciplinary committee).
- The Tournament Referee, whose decision on all matters shall be final, will be appointed by Central Gauteng Squash.
- The Wilson Double Yellow Dot ball will be used for all games.
- The tournament organizers reserve the right to increase tournament prize money, prizes and number of sections should an overwhelming number of entries be received.
- All Participants will be required to mark or referee matches directly after their match.
- A guide to the strength of the various sections is:
- Men’s: Women’s:
- Open (1st and reserve league) Open (1st and reserve league)
- B (2nd and 3rd league) B (2nd and lower)
- C (4th to 7th league)
- D (8th and lower)
Start Date: 2011-03-18
End Date: 2011-03-20